Below are a few simple steps which can be viewed as an outline of our recruitment process. A member of the Canadian National English Recruitment team will let you know what documents are necessary before formally starting the application process.
Step 1) Application/Document Submission
All applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org must contain:
- Your résumé or CV
- An introductory paragraph stating why you are interested in teaching English in China (Between 50-100 words is acceptable. If you have any related work experience, be sure to mention it)
- A recent photo of yourself (a "selfie" or headshot)
- Your nationality and current location
Any further documents or information that may be needed will be requested by a member of the Canadian National English Recruitment team
Step 2) Arrange an interview time
If your application is successful, you will be contacted to arrange a preliminary interview with a member of the Canadian National English Recruitment team. Interview times can be selected via Calendly, an online interview scheduling service. (You can confirm the interview time with us via email, as well)
Step 3) Submit a personal introduction video & a teaching demonstration video
After completing the preliminary interview, you will be asked to submit a personal introduction video as well as a teaching demonstration video.
The personal introduction video does not need to be more than two minutes in length. The teaching demonstration video should be between two and five minutes in length.
Personal Introduction Video:
- State your name, nationality, and current location
- Mention why you are interested in teaching English in China
- Add any relevant work experience or degrees/certifications you have earned (include the name of the institution you attended) ***NOT MANDATORY***
Teaching Demonstration Video:
- Provide a demo lesson geared toward a specific age group (For example, mention that you have created a lesson for students aged 6-8 years. Then, carry out the lesson)
Step 4) Connect directly with employer
At this point, we will connect you directly with the employer. It is highly recommended that you use this opportunity to ask as many questions as possible. We like to connect job candidates with employers early on in order to get each party acquainted with one another on a personal level.
Step 5) That's it... You're done!
The process is simple:
- Submit documents to Canadian National English Recruitment
- Hold a preliminary interview with a member of the Canadian National English Recruitment team
- Submit a personal introduction video & teaching demonstration video
- Hold an interview directly with the employer
Generally, we ask job candidates to hold another interview with a member of the Canadian National English Recruitment team sometime before being connected with the employer. We do this in order to offer a brief rundown on the interview process.
Always feel free to request a video call with a member of the Canadian National English Recruitment team. We will gladly take the time to discuss whatever is on your mind, whether it is strictly job related, or even just getting used to to life in China.